Choose your country and language:
NNetflix JIVA and South African tourism have made things easy for you. Pack your travel bags and set off on a fun girls-only trip. Take in the unique sounds and sights of Mzansi, and experience the fun and relaxation that awaits with this curated itinerary made just for you and your girls.
Northern Cape – Dark Skies Sanctuary
Travel to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park with a stop at Kgalagadi Lodge for quick refreshments
- Where the red dunes and scrub fade into infinity and herds of gemsbok, springbok, eland and blue wildebeest follow the seasons, where imposing camel thorn trees provide shade for huge black-mane lions and vantage points for leopard and many raptors... this is the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Check in on arrival at !Xaus Lodge in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Depart on afternoon game drive and sundowners
- Enjoy a fantastic sunset game drive on the pan and an after-dinner drive to explore some of the night creatures the Kalahari has to offer
Dinner at lodge
- !Xaus Lodge or similar
- Pronounced ‘kaus’, the lodge is a place to experience a unique desert environment, providing accommodation in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park for eco-tourists and visitors to this wilderness area in the Kalahari. A unique living space, highlights of the lodge include a cosy lounge with a fireplace, an art and craft shop, a large observation deck perfect for stargazing, a refreshing swimming pool and a heart- warming fire in the boma, perfect for enjoying the beauty of the silence of the night while keeping warm.
Morning Game Drive
Breakfast at the lodge
!Xaus Lodge Cultural Village (SMME/ Sustainability of community)
- Take a walk to the recreated cultural village and see the Busman crafters at work. You may join young Bushmen demonstrating their traditional games and purchase traditional crafts hanging from the branches of the tree under which the crafters sit at work. These crafters also sell their goods at the Lodge curio shop.
Afternoon Game Drive
Dinner at lodge
!Xaus Lodge and Dark Skies Sanctuary experience
- At night, you see the universe. You may feel like you have never seen the night sky before when you go stargazing at !Xaus Lodge. The Milky Way arcs over you like a giant swathe of smoke – reminiscent of the Bushman tale of its origins.
Overnight! Xaus Lodge or similar
Breakfast at the lodge and check out
Transfer to Upington
Lunch and wine tasting at Bezalel Estate Cellars
- Try a range of the award-winning Boutique Wines accompanied by delicious platters from the Garden Cage and Farm Kitchen
Spa at African Vineyard
- The friendly African Vineyard Wellness Spa team welcomes you to include a spa experience in your escape to African Vineyard Guest House. African Vineyard specializes in treatments using Kalahari Ancient Desert Secrets products, developed from indigenous Kalahari plants by international business woman Carina Franck.
Dinner at African Vineyard
- Enjoy a delicious six-course wine paired dinner at African Vineyard
Overnight African Vineyard or similar
- African Vineyard is the perfect jewel to experience the Green Kalahari in the Northern Cape. Located among lush vineyards on Kanoneiland, the largest inhabitant river island in South Africa.