Choose your country and language:
HHow the data is collected?
Tourist arrivals statistics is sourced from administrative sources of the Department of Home Affairs. The Department of Home Affairs has the jurisdiction to collect information on legal movements across the borders of South Africa. This information is then processed, analysed and published by Statistics South Africa in its monthly Tourism & Migration statistical releases. For more information please visit www.statssa.gov.za.
International Tourist Arrivals report
This report displays statistics published by Statistics South Africa in its monthly Tourism & Migration statistical releases. It displays tourist arrivals by country and region over time.
- Click here for more concepts used in the report;
- Click here for an infographic of how tourist arrivals are collected.
HOW TO USE THE DASHBOARD:
- Use the dropdown filters to customise the report
- Use the arrow on the bottom bar to click through to the other pages
- Hover over the bar and line charts to see more information
- To make the report larger, click on the double sided arrow icon on the bottom right on the grey bar