Choose your country and language:
114 February 2022
Terms & Conditions for Sho’t Left Valentine's Campaign (Online) Competition
Please read the competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- Winners will receive a Sho't Left Day activity for themselves and a partner in their respective provinces.
- Once the competition is finalised & winners will be contacted within 15 days of the competition’s closing date.
- Winners must redeem their prize within 6 months of the date of issue.
- To enter the competition, simply send a video online as instructed and you can be the lucky winner as winners are chosen at random.
- The competition opens on 14 February 2022 and closes at 23:59 on 25 February 2022.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the control of South African Tourism which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, then South African Tourism reserves the right at its sole discretion to postpone, modify, reschedule or cancel the Competition and/or determine the winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to that decision being made. South African Tourism accepts no liability where any such event occurs.
- South African Tourism cannot be held responsible for computer system hardware, software or program errors, or other failures in computer transmissions or network connections for any entries lost. South African Tourism cannot be held responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries.
- Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs or expenses associated with redemption or travel to redeem.
- All competition winners must agree to complete an indemnity form and commit to travelling safely and responsibly according to the COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All expenses not expressly stated in the prize, including but not limited to accommodation, meals, tourism leisure activity or otherwise are the sole responsibility of the winner. All costs associated with transportation to the local holiday destination will be for the account of the winners.
General Terms and Conditions
- To enter this competition, you must be: (a) South African ID holder; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families)
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition, but you are required to complete Enter the instructed way.
- Only one entry per person.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be selected at random from a list of entrants who have successfully submitted videos
- The closing date is as specified, and South African Tourism reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you are a winner, we will notify you by either Facebook, Twitter / Instagram private message or telephone or e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Uncontactable winners will forfeit their prize.
- The winners will be announced on the Sho’t Left platforms after they have been notified and confirmed receipt of their notification.
- By entering the competition, the winner’s details will only be used for this specific competition.
- The panel of judges for each competition will be comprised of members of the marketing team of a relevant department of South African Tourism or their chosen representatives.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by South African Tourism. Physical Address: Bojanala House, 90 Protea Road, Chislehurston, Sandton, JOHANNESBURG