Choose your country and language:
SSouth African Tourism to re-energise its Brand with a new set of Agencies
Following a rigorous and detailed selection process with proposals considered from 16 short-listed companies across the delivery pillars required, South African Tourism (SA Tourism) is pleased to announce that we have appointed a suite of marketing and communications agencies in response to the RFP162/19 the organisation issued in June 2019.
In line with South African Tourism’s commitment to the empowerment of small businesses, each of the agencies has subcontracted 30% of their scope and billing to a small black owned business. For the duration of the contract, South African Tourism will ensure that the subcontractors provide valuable input into the account, and ensure that billing is carried out appropriately.
The appointed agencies are as follows:
- Grey Advertising has been appointed as its strategy agency with Trender as the 30% subcontractor;
- MetropolitanRepublic Integrated Communications has been appointed for creative with Rudeboy Collective as the subcontractor;
- For media strategy, planning and buying, The Mediashop has been appointed with BlackMarket Media as the subcontractor;
- Digital will be serviced by Digitas Liquorice with BWD Advertising as its subcontractor;
- Vuma Reputation Management will service Brand PR with Darkstar as its subcontractor;
- FleishmanHillard has been appointed as the Corporate PR agency with Ethicore Consulting and Advisory Solutions as its subcontractor;
- Lastly, the B2B component will be serviced by Demographica with 1215 KA Studio as the subcontractor.
“We would like to thank all the agencies for their participation and take this opportunity to congratulate the successful agencies on their pitches. We look forward to a mutually rewarding relationship with them as we continue to build the tourism brand both domestically and internationally,” said Interim Board Chairperson, Ravi Nadasen.
The agencies will officially commence work on our account as soon as contracting is concluded.
Note to editors:
South African Tourism is the national tourism agency responsible the marketing of South Africa as a preferred tourist destination. It is headed up by Chief Executive Officer, Sisa Ntshona.