Choose your country and language:
TThe role of the Internal Audit function is to contribute to the enhancement of governance, risk management and internal controls within and around the organisation through the delivery of assurance and advisory services. The function has adopted a risk-based audit approach, as required by Treasury Regulations and recommended by King III, with the primary aim of contributing to the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over the following:
- The information technology system environment;
- The reliability and integrity of financial and operational performance information;
- The effectiveness of South African Tourism’s operations and its performance;
- The adequacy of safeguarding assets; and
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including supply chain management policies.
In addition, Internal Audit contributed successfully to maintaining an ethical business environment by monitoring the South African Tourism ethics hotline, which is independently managed by business consultancy Deloitte.