Choose your country and language:
SSkeiding is one of those places that you fall in love with for no reason ... maybe it’s the absolute peace and tranquility or the panoramic views of the Langeberg mountains or the bright stars at night or the mouthwatering food or the goodness of being close to nature ... that makes you want to come back.
Situated on high, open, rolling terrain you experience the feeling of freedom and being kind of alone with no neighbour in sight.
Skeiding is a working ostrich, grain, sheep and Nguni farm â€¦ close to the N2 and halfway (250 km) between Cape Town and Knysna. This makes us the ideal stopover. A friendly family farm, an education for city slickers, a place to relax and enjoy panoramicl mountain views as the farm is situated on high, open rolling terrain. We Neels and AnnÃ©-Lize are two energetic people who love life â€¦you need to be to run a farm, a young family (AnnÃ© and Pieter), two dogs (Asterix and Jessie) and a guesthouse in the same lifetime.
Spoil yourself and stay Bed & Breakfast or even better, have dinner. Otherwise relax next to your own fire and stay self-catering.
Enjoy home cooked country cuisine prepared by AnnÃ©-Lize and her small team of able and enthusiastic assistants (Allen and Aletta). Neels is the meat â€œchefâ€ on the open fire, unless farm work calls him away. A three course menu is served every evening at the family dining table. Please let us know of any dietary requirements for the best culinary experience. Also let us know if you are celebrating a birthday or any special occasion that you would like us to cater for.
Our 2 Rooms, 1 Suite with heated spa bath, 1 Studio and 4 Cottages have all you need to feel pampered: Honesty Bar, Tea and Coffee making facilities, En suite bathrooms with strong showers, Heater, Ceiling fan, Electric blankets, Ostrich leather slippers and gown, Hair dryers and good South African Port (on the house!) to enjoy on the patio as a sundowner. 6 of the rooms and cottages have fireplaces for real cosiness in winter. The rooms and cottages are named after plants, animals and birds commonly found in our area â€¦ which is a real birdersâ€™s paradise.
One of the highlights of your stay will be the farm tour with Neels. A “hands-on” experience every morning at 07:30. Feeding the ostriches, watching the working dogs (Border Kollie and Australian Kelpie) work with the sheep, ostriches or Nguni cattle.
Why is Skeiding a unique location?
Apart from panoramic mountain views over rolling country side, ALL ROADS LEAD TO SKEIDING.
1. We are situated at the start of the Garden Route.
2. Close to the Tradouw Pass to join the Route 62.
3. Halfway between: Cape Town and Plettenberg Bay.
Cape Town and Oudtshoorn.
4. Two hours drive from Hermanus.
5. A days trip from Hermanus (a) via Augulhas (the most southern tip of Africa)
(b) via De Hoop Nature Reserve and the pont at Malgas.
6. A days visit to Augulhas to the most southern tip of Africa.
7. A days visit to the De Hoop Nature Reserve (excellent whale watching from July to November) over the only working ferry at Malgas.
8. Excellent birdwatching and nature trails (2 - 10km day walks in Afromontane forest) at Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve (12km away).
At Grootvadersbosch you also get rare and endemic species, some on the Red Data List. A scenic, but challenging mountain bike trail also awaits you here.
9. 45km from Witsand (Whale Nursery of SA) for landbased whalewatching (from July to November) and endless white beaches to walk on where the Breede River and Indian Ocean meets.
10. True country style living & hospitality.
11. A working farm experience.
12. Good food - traditional South African cuisine presented with a flair.
13. Starry nights and unforgettable sunsets.
14. Personalised service.
15. Walk our labarinth.
16. Enjoy the putting green.
We do believe that we can really add value to your life, staying with us.