Choose your country and language:
SSOUTH AFRICAN TOURISM (30 361 891 074) situated at SUITE 302, LEVEL 3, 117 YORK ST, SYDNEY, hereafter referred to as (“the Promoter”) will be running the SA Specialist ‘Meet South Africa’ Competition (“the Promotion”).
Commencing Wednesday November 1, 2017 at 7:00:00am (AEST) and closing on Friday December 15, 2017 at 11.59:59pm (AEST) (“Promotion Period”)
Terms and Conditions
In consideration of you entering the Promotion you agree to the following:
How to Submit a Valid Entry
1. You are eligible to enter if you:
1.1 are a person who is a travel agent or wholesaler in Australia or New Zealand who is 18 years or over;
1.2 are capable of engaging in strenuous physical activity without risk to your health;
1.3 have a valid passport and are willing to travel to South Africa;
1.4 are willing to participate in the activities listed in the prize;
1.5 submit a Valid Entry (see below);
1.6 agree to the Terms and Conditions;
1.7 do not breach the Terms and Conditions; and
1.8 are not an employee, or immediate family member of an employee, of the Promoter or an entity associated with the Promotion.
2. The only way to submit a Valid Entry is by visiting http://www.southafrica.net/gl/en/trade/page/meet-south-africa and completing the following:
2.1 answering in 25 words or less tell us “Why you’d like to Meet South Africa?”;
2.2 registering and completing the SA Specialist programme (by passing), or the SA Specialist: Experiences programme (by passing) if you’ve already completed the Specialist programme, by 15 December 2017;
2.3 providing your full name, state, store location, valid email address and valid phone number; and
2.4 by reading and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
3. You must not:
3.1 submit more than one entry
3.2 tamper with the entry mechanism, or
3.3 use scripting, an application or code to submit multiple entries.
4. You must not submit an entry that:
4.1 contains invalid, incomplete or inaccurate information;
4.2 contains defamatory, offensive, harassing, threatening or intimidating statements or messages;
4.3 invades the privacy or any other rights of any third party; or
4.4 breaks any law.
Conditions of Entry
5. You acknowledge and agree that:
5.1 you are in good physical health, and capable of participating in strenuous physical activity;
5.2 you do not suffer from any illness or injury that prevents you from engaging in strenuous physical activity;
5.3 to the extent permitted by law, you indemnify the Promoter, its agents and servants from any claim, loss, damage or damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, economic, direct or indirect loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with, or arising from, this Promotion;
5.4 the Promoter does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided to you about the Promotion;
5.5 if requested, you must participate in editorial activities relating to the Promotion including, but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed;
5.6 You must be available for travel on the dates nominated by South African Tourism; if not the prize cannot be transferred to someone else or taken at another time.
5.7 You must be employed as a travel agent or wholesaler at the time of travel or you will forfeit the prize;
5.8 the Promoter may collect your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, likeness, email address, picture and participation in editorial activities (“Personal Information”);
5.9 you must inform the Promoter if your personal information changes during the Promotion Period;
5.11 you consent to the Promoter disclosing, publishing and disseminating your Personal Information by any means including, but not limited to, in websites, social media, other media coverage, blogs, photographs and videos;
5.12 you consent to the Promoter sending you emails from the Promoter for research, survey, competition and general promotion purposes;
5.13 you grant the Promoter a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use your entry for any purpose;
5.14 you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights, or present and future rights of a similar nature, conferred by law anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“Moral Rights”);
5.15 you waive all Moral Rights that arise outside Australia or New Zealand; and
5.16 you will not start, continue or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights or intellectual property rights.
6. The time of entry will be the time that the course is completed. You may receive a confirmation message that you have submitted a Valid Entry. The Promoter is not responsible if a Valid Entry is not received whether this is caused by a system difficulty or malfunction or any other reason.
7. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that is legally available to reschedule, change or cancel the Promotion.
Choosing a Winner
8. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify an otherwise Valid Entry if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions or the entry process.
9. Six winners will be chosen by the Promoter in their absolute discretion based on merits of creativity.
10. The Promoter may select alternative winners to replace any subsequently disqualified winner, or a winner who does not claim their prize within a reasonable period of time or after the lapse of 7 days from being notified, or cannot travel on the dates of the famil (“Alternate Winners”).
11. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winners will be notified by email or phone before 5pm (AEST) by Friday January 12, 2018 and the winners’ names will be published on the competition site; visit https://www.southafrica.net/gl/en/trade/page/meet-south-africa as well as the South Africa Travel Industry ANZ Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SouthAfricaTravelIndustryANZ or owned communication platforms.
13. There will be 6 prizes up for grabs, each prize is a spot on an arranged famil to South Africa. The famil will be an 11 day, 10-night trip to South Africa for 6 agents and 2 hosts with an estimated total value of $5000 each. Each winner will receive:
13.1 1 x economy class return South African Airways flight from Perth to Johannesburg.
13.2 1 x economy class return flight from your nearest Australian/NZ capital city (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Auckland, Wellington) to connect with the flight from Perth.
13.3 domestic flights in South Africa.
13.4 10 nights’ 4-5 star accommodation in South Africa, including a luxury safari lodge. (Total trip including international flights is 13 days).
13.5 most city tours, activities, and game drives included.
13.6 most meals and transfers are included.
14. The Prize is:
14.1 not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash;
14.2 subject to any terms and conditions of the Promoter or any third party providers which the Prize Winner must agree to before accepting the prize;
14.3 claimable up to 7 days after being notified of the prize. The Promoter may allocate the prize to an Alternate Winner if you are unable to travel on the trip dates selected in 2018;
14. 4 substitutable for Prizes of a similar value in the Promoter’s absolute discretion if for any reason the Prizes, or any element of the Prizes, are unavailable;
14.5 taking place in 2018.
14. 6 subject to the Prize Winner satisfying lawful health, behaviour, age and safety requirements; and
14. 7 exclusive of any additional costs and liabilities incurred by the Prize Winner that are not expressly stated as forming part of the Prize including, but not limited to, spending money, some meals, taxes (excluding flight taxes), visas, additional travel, tips & gratuities, personal, property & health insurance, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, wifi, losses, damages, claims, legal costs and increased personal taxation liabilities (“Additional Costs and Liabilities”).
15. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any Additional Costs and Liabilities you incur. You must pay and incur all Additional Costs and Liabilities as per clause 14.7. The Promoter, its agents and servants are not liable for any Additional Costs and Liabilities.