By creating an account, I agree to the
Choose your country and language:
CCompetition Terms and Conditions
The Competition Terms and Conditions to stand a chance of winning an all-expenses-paid trip to Cape Town, in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of the Competition and/or its terms and conditions, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and binding, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Welcome to the South African Tourism Lions Series Rugby Host City competition (the "competition"). These terms and conditions are the official rules of the competition ("rules"). These rules (together with any official competition communications) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will oversee all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents and the Promoter (South African Tourism). These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the competition website or (at Promoter's sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
- The competition is conducted by Promoter (South African Tourism).
- No person who is a director, employee, sponsor or agent of or consultant to the Promoter or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to the Promoter is eligible to participate or enter this competition.
- This competition is only open to Zimbabwean nationals.
- You are eligible to enter if you:
- are a person who is 18 years or older;
- are capable of engaging in physical travel activities/experiences without risk to your health;
- have a valid passport (with at least six months validity) and are willing to travel to South Africa;
- are willing to take a COVID-19 test before travelling to South Africa;
- are willing to participate in the travel activities/experiences as stated in the prize itinerary;
- submit a Valid Entry (see below);
- agree to the Terms and Conditions/Competition rules;
- The only way to submit a Valid Entry is by participating in the online quiz on the South African Tourism Social media platforms (see below) and by reading and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- The competition will close on 7 August 2021.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- To enter the competition participants, need to follow the official South African Tourism Social Media account for Zimbabwe:
- Facebook: @southafricantourismzimbabwe
- Answer the online quiz question by posting your answer in the comments section,
- You must not submit an entry that:
- contains invalid, incomplete, or inaccurate information;
- contains defamatory, offensive, harassing, threatening, or intimidating statements or messages;
- invades the privacy or any other rights of any third party; or
- breaks any law.
- Only one entry per person is permitted,
- The winner will be randomly chosen via a certified method of selection.
Conditions of Entry
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- you are in good physical health and capable of participating in physical travel activities/experiences;
- you do not suffer from any illness or injury that prevents you from engaging in any physical travel activity/experiences;
- to the extent permitted by law, you indemnify South Africa Tourism, its agents, and servants from any claim, loss, damage or damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, economic, direct or indirect loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with, or arising from, this Promotion;
- a travel indemnity form must be completed and signed before you depart from your base country;
- if requested, you must participate in editorial media activities relating to the Promotion including, but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed;
- South African Tourism may collect your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, likeness, email address, picture, and participation in editorial activities ("Personal Information");
- you must redeem your Prize before the end of 2022. Prizes are not transferrable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item or cash;
- you must inform South African Tourism if your personal information changes;
- you agree to South African Tourism sending you emails for research, survey, competition, and general promotion purposes;
- you grant South African Tourism a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive, and irrevocable license to use your travel experience and testimonial for marketing purposes;
- you will take a COVID-19 test 72 hours before your date of travel to South Africa;
- you will present the valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 test, recognised by the World Health Organisation, which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel, at the point of departure and arrival into South Africa.
- If the COVID-19 test is positive, all travel arrangements will be postponed and rescheduled for a later date. He or she will be required to isolate for a period of 10 days at their own cost.
- Failure to take the test and submit a certificate as proof of a negative COVID-19 test South African Tourism will cancel all travel arrangements, and an alternative winner will be selected.
Choosing a Winner
- South African Tourism may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify an otherwise Valid Entry if, in the reasonable opinion of South African Tourism, you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions or the entry process.
- Two winners, one from Kenya and one from Zimbabwe, will be chosen by South African Tourism at their absolute discretion based on the merits of creativity.
- South African Tourism may select alternative winners to replace any subsequently disqualified winner or a winner who does not claim their Prize within a reasonable period of time or after the lapse of 7 days from being notified or cannot travel ("Alternate Winners").
- All decisions of South African Tourism are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified on social media before 5 pm (SAST) on Wednesday, 11 August 2021, and the winners' names will be published on the South African Tourism social media platforms.
- The winners undertake to expeditiously do all the things necessary to enable South African Tourism to plan and book their travel experience proficiently.
- An all-expenses-paid trip for the winner and their partner to the Lions Series Rugby host city, Cape Town in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. Each winner will receive:
- Two economy class return international flights from the base countries to Cape Town.
- Two economy class return local flights from your nearest regional airport to connect with the international flight from your base country.
- All domestic flights in South Africa, if required.
- Four nights' accommodation at a graded establishment in Cape Town. The total trip, including international flights, is five (5) days.
- Meals, refreshments, and all ground transfers are included.
- The itinerary includes (trip highlights):
- A Robben Island Tour, Table Mountain, a Winelands experience, a Cape Town City Tour including a visit to the Bo-Kaap, and a Long street nightlife experience.
- The Prize is:
- not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash;
- subject to any terms and conditions of South African Tourism or any third party providers which the Prize Winner must agree to before accepting the Prize;
- claimable up to 7 days after being notified of the Prize. South African Tourism may allocate the Prize to an Alternate Winner if you are unable to travel before the end of 2022;
- substitutable for Prizes/travel experiences of a similar value, at South African Tourism's absolute discretion, if for any reason the Prizes, or any element of the Prizes, are unavailable;
- only valid until the end of 2022;
- subject to the Prize Winner satisfying lawful health, behaviour, age, and safety requirements; and
- exclusive of any additional costs and liabilities incurred by the Prize Winner that are not expressly stated as forming part of the Prize including, but not limited to, extra meals, additional travel extensions, tips & gratuities, personal, property & health insurance, transport to and from departure airports, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, losses, damages, claims, legal costs and increased personal taxation liabilities ("Additional Costs and Liabilities").
- You agree to indemnify the South African Tourism against any Additional Costs and Liabilities you incur. Accordingly, you must pay and incur all Additional Costs and Liabilities as South African Tourism, its agents, and servants are not liable for any Additional Costs and Liabilities.
- If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, South African Tourism reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that is legally available to reschedule, change or cancel the Promotion.
South Africa on social media
A road trip through South Africa is a ‘turn up the music and roll down your windows’ kind of vibe. It is all about appreciating the breath-taking views, enjoying the company, meeting the locals and making new friends along the way. So let them be your guide to all the hangouts, dance spots and best kept secrets around the cities they call home. South African Road trips are never about the destination, they’re about the journey and the shared joy of going where the heart leads. It’s sure to create the kind of memories that will stay with you forever. #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica
This adventure is for the thrill seekers and the adrenaline junkies. It’s the ultimate boys trip on the open road. Whatever your pleasure. South Africa is an endless outdoor playground that will make you feel alive and free. This is your moment. This journey will provide you with the exhilarating thrills you've been craving. #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica
From vibrant city life to majestic wildlife, adventure and culture, breath-taking scenery is waiting for you. Experience South Africa like you've experienced it before. There’s always. more to see. Breath-taking moments, captivating experiences, it’s bustling, it’s endless… it’s South Africa! #ComeJourneyWithUs, there's a story waiting to be shared. #LiveSouthAfrica @ShoMadjozi Credits: Directed by Lamar Bonhomme @therealbonhomme Writers: Treyvone Moosa, Lamar Bonhomme, Tipi Executive Producer: Monareng Makwetla DOP: Jason Prins @jasonprins_dop Colorist: Nic Apostoli @nic_apostoli 1st AD: Thobelani Faku @thobelanifaku x Jeremy Briggs @jezzapix VT: Londi Khambule @londi.khambule Art Director: Noluthando Lobese @t__texture Wardrobe Stylist: Louw Kotze @louw.77 x Ntediseng Moloi Producer: Litha Mbutuma @lithambutuma Production Manager: Amo Mbutuma @amo_mbutuma Production Coordinator: Thando Hlongwane Key Grip: Mlungisi Dube @mlungisidube2 Editor: Lamar Bonhomme & Glary Leshilo. @iglary Sound Design and Final Mix: The Audio Guys & Pressure Cooker Studios Online: Donovan Smith Cast: Sho Madjozi @shomadjozi Tamara Moeng @tamaramoeng Faith Mashaba @theefaithk Lelo What'sGood @lelowhatsgood SA Tourism Regional Director: Evelyn Mahlaba SA Tourism Hub Head: Fathima Adam @adamfathima Agency: Activ8 Brand Ingenuity Managing Partners: Tumaini Leshoai x Brent Van Rysyk HOD Creative & Strategy: Treyvone Moosa A Triple Story Content Production.
Our hidden gems aren’t just places, and experiences but also our people. 🙌 Semakaleng Mathebula is South Africa’s first black female hot air balloon pilot. She sees the world from a different point of view, a view filled with positivity, optimism, and joy. @theefaithk and @tamaramoeng got to spend a winter’s morning with Semakaleng and experience a new way to travel. In a hot air balloon! With the world stretching below them, they got to soak up the stunning vistas. 🥰🗺️🎈 We consider ourselves fortunate to have Semakaleng as an incredible ambassador and mentor for the South Africa travel industry. #LiveSouthAfrica #ComeJourneyWithUs #WomensMonth Director - Simoné Bobo DOP - Chaunne Blofield Creative Director - Treyvone Moosa Creative writer - Simoné Bobo & Selaelo Mannya Production Manager - Mishak Meintjies Sound - Sam Masemane Make Up - Palesa Moloi Editor - Glary Leshilo Post-production - Left Post Colorist - Jarryd du Toit Audio Mix - Audio Militia
Rhythm is the friend of dancing in Tsonga culture. Shake your hips, show your #XibelaniMoves and you and your bestie could win a trip to #LiveSouthAfrica and stand to be part of @ShoMadjozi's new music video. #LiveSouthAfrica #TiktokAfrica #TravelTikTok #SATravelTok #TravelTime #TravelTok #TravelTip #TravelTheWorld #TravelHacks #Traveling #Travel
It’s breath-taking, it’s captivating, it’s bustling, it’s endless… it’s South Africa! In every province, around every corner, there's a story waiting to be shared. From city life to wildlife, adventure to culture, breath-taking scenery to sun-soaked coasts. There’s so much more to see. #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @shomadjozi61 Credits: Directed by Lamar Bonhomme @therealbonhomme Writers: Treyvone Moosa, Lamar Bonhomme, Tipi Executive Producer: Monareng Makwetla DOP: Jason Prins @jasonprins_dop Colorist: Nic Apostoli @nic_apostoli 1st AD: Thobelani Faku @thobelanifaku x Jeremy Briggs @jezzapix VT: Londi Khambule @londi.khambule Art Director: Noluthando Lobese @t__texture Wardrobe Stylist: Louw Kotze @louw.77 x Ntediseng Moloi Producer: Litha Mbutuma @lithambutuma Production Manager: Amo Mbutuma @amo_mbutuma Production Coordinator: Thando Hlongwane Key Grip: Mlungisi Dube @mlungisidube2 Editor: Lamar Bonhomme & Glary Leshilo. @iglary Sound Design and Final Mix: The Audio Guys & Pressure Cooker Studios Online: Donovan Smith Cast: Sho Madjozi @shomadjozi Tamara Moeng @tamaramoeng Faith Mashaba @theefaithk Lelo What'sGood @lelowhatsgood SA Tourism Regional Director: Evelyn Mahlaba SA Tourism Hub Head: Fathima Adam @adamfathima Agency: Activ8 Brand Ingenuity Managing Partners: Tumaini Leshoai x Brent Van Rysyk HOD Creative & Strategy: Treyvone Moosa A Triple Story Content Production.
Week 2 of the Mzansi #Mukbang was something special! @ExtraLargeCravings had a truly 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 culinary experience at Sowetan-born and Michelin trained @chef_wandilemabaso’s @lescreatifsrestaurant. Viciously delicious chipotle chicken, sumptuous duck confit, and inspired lamb shank. Feel like you're missing out? Check out the full video with the link in our bio. 😉 #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @lescreatifsrestaurant @visitgauteng
Are you a Foodie? Do you love nothing more than tucking into delicious Gatsbys🥖, Kotas 🥪, Burgers 🍔, Koe’sisters🍩, and milkshakes🧋? Then it’s time you join our Mzansi #Mukbang journey: https://youtu.be/iWHtM7HWVzw Let’s dig in together! 😉🛬💖 #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @CapeTownTourism #extralargecravings
Local is lekker. And delicious. Oh so delicious. The Mzansi #Mukbang journey wraps up in Limpopo where @ExtraLargeCravings is joined by Thabiso Sekhula from @1000LimpopoSecrets. Together they enjoy some mouthwatering South African delicacies. It’s time to dig in! #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @LimpopoTourism
Our Mzansi #Mukbang master is bringing the heat today! KwaZulu-Natal local, Kaelin Govender is taking @ExtraLargeCravings to his favourite restaurant: The Little India. Home to the best Indian cuisine in all of Durbs, this is one episode you won’t want to miss. It’s time to dig in! #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @kzntourism
Our Mzansi #Mukbang master @ExtraLargeCravings is visiting Eat ‘n More with @jay_lelo to find out what makes these kotas so darn good. This popular township street food consists of a quarter loaf (kota) of bread hollowed out and filled again with a variety of ingredients including atchar, polony, slap chips, cheese, egg, and Russian sausage. It’s time to dig in! #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @visitgauteng
Our Mzansi #Mukbang master @ExtraLargeCravings is in for a special treat today as we head to Les Creatifs. @chef_wandilemabaso has prepared his viciously delicious chipotle chicken, sumptuous duck confit, and inspired lamb shank. This is French cuisine with an Mzansi flair. Let’s indulge in some fine dining! #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica @visitgauteng
The Mzansi #Mukbang journey continues! Today we’re off to @i_amkatlego’s Club Marabi, in the heart of Braamfontein. The Marabi Club is the home of superb food accompanied by live jazz performances. Our Mukbang master @ExtraLargeCravings is wined, dined, and taken all the way to flavour town. Let’s indulge in some fine dining! #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica
When looking for a local dish to try in Cape Town, it is almost certain that the Gatsby, also known as a Gebba - will be suggested – An extra-large roll filled with all sorts of meats, from masala steaks, to chicken and calamari – fried egg, slap chips, different sauces, cheese and salad🤤 TIP: And as intimidating as it may look it’s always manageable when you share it with friends or family. Watch Cape Town comedian Yaseen Barnes introduce our #Mukbang master #extralargecravings to SA’s famed #Gatsby spot @CosyCorner. #ComeJourneyWithUs #LiveSouthAfrica