Choose your country and language:
OOpportunities to Contribute to South African Tourism’s Social Media Channels
We would love to share your photos/videos of South Africa that use our hashtags #VisitSouthAfrica, and #MeetSouthAfrica, or posts that @ tag us on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok, with others who are passionate about South Africa.
By using these hashtags or @ tags you agree to grant South African Tourism all rights unreservedly to reshare the content across our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube) and on our website https://www.southafrica.net/uk/en/travel and you grant the rights for us to modify or reproduce your content for marketing purposes, non-exclusively, royalty-free, worldwide and in perpetuity. Furthermore, you agree to release us from any and all copyright infringement claims against such content and that in the event we elect to defend any claims you will be responsible for the account which is recoverable at your own cost.
If your content is used on South African Tourism’s social media channels we will ensure your @ handle and/or name/business name is always credited in the caption and, where possible, you will also be tagged in the visual.
South African Tourism does not claim any ownership rights to this user-generated content shared with us on our social media channels. (For example by @ tagging us on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok, or by using our hashtags including #VisitSouthAfrica and #MeetSouthAfrica.). No part of this content may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the publisher's written permission. Any unauthorised reproduction of this work will constitute a copyright infringement and render the doer liable under both civil and criminal law.
If you’d prefer your content not to be used, you can revoke the permission you granted to South African Tourism (by sharing your content on our platforms or using our hashtag) at any time by contacting us in writing at email@example.com and informing us you no longer want us sharing your content.
South Africa UK’s Social Media Terms and Conditions
South Africa’s social media channels have been created to help travellers plan their trips to South Africa, for those who’ve visited to share their experiences, and for those who just have an admiration and fondness for South Africa to get inspired! These channels are a hub for us to share photos and videos that showcase South Africa and the huge diversity the country has to offer, alongside links, travel tips, and general information about visiting here.
We will not tolerate posts that contain the following:
- Publishing, posting, distributing, or disseminating any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading, or unlawful material or information (including graphic or explicit images or text);
- Posting content that is harassing, threatening, or vulgar (including personal attacks or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation), or invades personal privacy;
- Posting content that is promotional or commercial in nature and/or not relevant to visitors (at South African Tourism’s sole discretion);
- Posting excessively (i.e. posting the same text, video, and/or image more than once);
- Uploading or attaching files that contain software or other material for which you do not own or have the express right to use;
- Uploading or attaching files that contain viruses, corrupted files, spyware, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations, or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsifying the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
Please also note that comments on our posts and wall posts shared by fans are not representative of the opinions of South African Tourism or the South African Government.
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org