Choose your country and language:
WWe can't wait to have you back! South Africa is ready to welcome you #MeetSouthafricaNow
South Africa remains under alert level 1 (the least stringent level), with some further relaxation of COVID-19 regulations, see below:
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- British & Irish passport holders can travel visa-free for 90 days
- Proof of vaccination upon entry; no Covid-19 test required for fully vaccinated travellers who provide proof of vaccination
- Negative PCR test required for unvaccinated travellers; swab taken a minimum of 72 hours before departure. This does not apply to passengers younger than five (5) years old. Read full information here
- Unvaccinated travellers who have fully recovered from Covid-19 and intend to travel within 90 days of their initial PCR test are advised to visit our website below, for exemption letter application requirements
- Travellers must complete the health questionnaire up to 48 hours before travel or on arrival into the country. You can download the entry questionnaire here and the exit questionnaire here
Exemption letter application requirements:
- Passengers who have fully recovered from COVID-19 and intend to travel within 90 days of the initial PCR test that confirmed the infection, must send a request to email@example.com accompanied by the following:
- a copy of your passport PCR test result that confirmed your initial infection
- Letter from a medical practitioner confirming that you have fully recovered, you are not experiencing any new symptoms and you are fit to travel. The letter must include:
- Name and surname as reflected on your passport and a date
- Physical address
- Contact details of the medical practitioner
- It is advisable that the request be submitted well in advance of the intended travel to allow for sufficient time for processing
- Daily commuters from neighbouring countries who attend or teach at a school in the Republic; Cross border freight operators; Airline crew on official duty and Medical evacuation crew conducting medical evacuations.
Read all Frequently asked questions here
TThe following measures also apply:
- Masks are mandatory in indoor public spaces; no masks are required in outdoor public spaces
- The capacity of gatherings is 50% for all venues, for both indoor and outdoor gatherings.
TThe Tourism industry has been working hard to ensure stringent measures are now in place so you can enjoy a stress-free, safe experience whilst you are on holiday. Watch the videos below.