Disclaimer: South African Tourism is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the contact details and product information displayed for these travel products. If you find that some details are inaccurate, please notify the owner of the establishment.
Oakdene Guest House
In 1847 the small Klein Karoo town known as 'Veldskoen' was renamed Oudtshoorn. Six years later, Oakdene was built on the main road by Mr. J.H. Mulder, who later also built Oudtshoorn's magnificent sandstone Moederkerk and the Pastorie. In Oakdene, Mulder's style blended typical Cape vernacular with elements of traditional Victorian and Klein Karoo architecture. The original Victorian trelliswork which still stands perfectly intact today, was added around the turn of the Century. The 'lei-watersloot' running in front of the house is the last remaining section of the original lei which supplied water to the Oudtshoorn of old. In order to preserve the lei, the historic facade and the oak trees in front of Oakdene, the building was declared a National Monument in 1988. Oakdene is one of the oldest and finest examples of architecture from the early days of Oudtshoorn.
|Tel number||(082) 417 3871|
|Fax number||(044) 272 3014|
|Physical address||99 Baron Van Reede Street, Oudtshoorn, Oudtshoorn, 6625|
|Postal Address||99 Baron Van Reede Street, Oudtshoorn, Oudtshoorn, 6625|
• Guest House