Healthy aspirations for 2013
I'm not great at new year's resolutions, and my partner doesn't help much. He points out that resolutions are just a to-do list that you end up ditching at the end of January when 'real life' has gobbled you up.
But, this year, I am really aiming to focus a bit more on health and wellness, and a little less on decadence and indulgence. The great thing is that South Africa is a fantastic destination if you want to get fit, slow down or gear up, or take a health and wellness holiday.
Here's my list of feel-good things to do during 2013:
- Book a weekend getaway (meditation retreat) at the Blue Butterfly Retreat Centre in Tulbagh
- Go on a yoga safari
- Visit the Tswalu Kalahari Spa in the Northern Cape
- Take up slackpacking (hiking without the schlep), and if I get fit enough, hike the beaches of the Wild Coast
- Go on a canopy tour over the forests of Tsitsikamma
- Learn to surf in Jeffreys Bay (okay, maybe not – maybe get my partner to learn to surf in J-Bay)
- Go cherry picking in the Free State (during cherry season)
- Eat more raw food (and hopefully dine at Leafy Greens Café in Muldersdrift, Gauteng)
- Treat myself to the Africology range of pamper products every now and then
- Drink more rooibos tea!
- Try out vinotherapy when I visit the Cape Winelands, and finally visit the Karkloof Spa in KwaZulu-Natal, as well as ...
... spend more time in nature, go on more holidays, try to not take life so seriously, and not give myself a hard time when I don't fulfil all my new year's resolutions!
Category: Health & Wellness