Best of Cape Town Awards
Did you know?
Cape Town is a member of the BestCities Global Alliance, which guarantees quality service levels for conference organisers.
The year 2008 was mind-blowing for Cape Town with tourism related awards streaming in for the city and members of its accommodation sector. Here are some of these Best of Cape Town awards:
- The readers of the UK Telegraph voted Cape Town as their favourite city outside Europe. (They also named South Africa their 3rd favourite country outside Europe ).
- In Condé Nast Traveller's Readers Choice, Cape Town was named top city in Africa/Middle East, and 4th in the world.
- Our Mother City also appeared on the list of the 10 top Global Sustainability Centres, an honour coming from the USA Ethisphere Institute.
- The Winchester Mansions in the seaside suburb of Greenpoint appeared in the ‘Top 100 Best Value Awards' by Budget Travel Magazine and website TripAdvisor, a poll of world's most reliable hotels with an average rate of US$250 or less.
- The gracious Steenberg Hotel in Constantia was declared "Best Luxury Hotel in Africa' by TripAdvisor's Travellers' Choice Awards.
Local institutions and media consistently honour Cape Town too. Cape Town related tourism awards in the last 12 months include:
- A vote for the Protea Hotel Fire and Ice in Tamboerskloof as the ‘Best New Hotel Development', from the Tourism Business Council of South Africa, which runs the Hospitality Investment Awards.
- Radio station Good Hope FM awarded the Vineyard Hotel & Spa the ‘Best of Cape Town Hospitality Award.'
Calvyn Gilfellan, chief executive of Cape Town Routes Unlimited, a tourism destination marketing organisation, recently observed that this spate of tourism-related Cape Town awards indicated that despite the city being a long-haul destination, it remained a highly aspirational travel destination for international tourists. This is all the more encouraging, given that the current worldwide credit crunch is forcing holidaymakers to seriously consider more affordable travel options.
Travel tips & Planning info
Who to contact
Cape Town Tourism Tel: 021 487 6800 E-mail: email@example.com West Coast Tourism Tel: 022 433 8505 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Cape Winelands Tourism Tel: 086 126 5263 E-mail: email@example.com Overberg Tourism Tel: 028 214 1466 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Town Tourism
Tel: 021 487 6800
West Coast Tourism
Tel: 022 433 8505
Cape Winelands Tourism
Tel: 086 126 5263
Tel: 028 214 1466