Bloggers back to #MeetSouthAfrica at INDABA 2014
We’re looking forward at INDABA to hosting a new pool of bloggers who are eager to come and meet South Africa, explore our destination and convey what they find to the world. – Thulani Nzima, SAT CEO
The 14 bloggers will traverse South Africa from 2 to 11 May 2014 in search of the ideal activities, accommodation and destinations for their readers, after which they will attend INDABA. The bloggers include a mix of international and local bloggers known for their influence in the travel sphere.
- Melvin Boecher – www.traveldudes.org
- Matt Karsten – www.expertvagabond.com
- Mauricio Oliveira – www.trilhaseaventuras.com.br
- Caspar Diederik – www.storytravelers.com
- JD Andrews – www.earthxplorer.com
- Umei Teh – www.ccfoodtravel.com
- Kash Bhattacharya – www.budgettraveller.org
- Rob Lloyd – www.stophavingaboringlife.com
- Adriana Lacerda – escapismogenuino.com
- Heather Mason – www.2summers.net
- Meruschka Govender – www.mzansigirl.com
- Ishay Govender-Ypma – www.foodandthefabulous.com
- Dawn Jorgensen – theincidentaltourist.com
- Katarina Mancama – simplysouthafrica.wordpress.com
Thulani Nzima, South African Tourism (SAT) CEO, says SAT has always been a leader in the digital marketing field.
‘We’re looking forward at INDABA to hosting a new pool of bloggers who are eager to come and meet South Africa, explore our destination and convey what they find to the world,’ he says.
The bloggers will start off in Johannesburg and then visit other parts of South Africa in the week preceding INDABA 2014.
‘We will be following their every move through the use of the hashtag #MeetSouthAfrica, and we have lots of exciting elements and activities planned,' says Nzima.
Among the planned activities are Instawalks – city walks with local Instagrammers who will show off their favourite photo spots; a bloggers’ cocktail event in Durban ahead of INDABA; and a panel discussion in the new TechZone at INDABA.
SAT launched its first #MeetSouthAfrica bloggers' campaign in 2013 with the aim of opening up a new form of communication with potential travellers looking for their next holiday destination. The campaign saw more than 219-million impressions of the hashtag across various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
INDABA 2014 opens on 10 May 2014 at the Durban International Convention Centre.