Don’t miss Meetings Africa 2013
Africa has the makings of a powerfully competitive business events continent. – Amanda Kotze-Nhlapo, SANCB executive manager
Hosted by the South African National Convention Bureau (SANCB), Meetings Africa 2013 – with its theme, ‘Advancing Africa Together’ – aims to be widely inclusive of Africa’s business events industry.
The SANCB is clear in its ambition and strategy to use Meetings Africa as a platform to grow the capacity of the collective African business events industry and transform regional Africa into one of the world’s leading business events powerhouses.
Amanda Kotze-Nhlapo, SANCB executive manager, said the SANCB would like to see Meetings Africa grow into a pan-African trade show. ‘This is partly in response to international demand for all of Africa, and also because we’d like to attraction more regional and global association events to Africa and South Africa. Africa has the makings of a powerfully competitive business events continent,’ she commented.
South African Tourism CEO Thulani Nzima added: ‘We want to work with our business event partners on the African continent, and want more global and African associations to use the great resources we have in Africa to bolster business event hosting and delivery. Meetings Africa is the perfect platform at which to do this.’
Meetings Africa 2013 highlights include:
- SAACI Special General Meeting: The meeting will be followed by an educational speaker.
- Association Forum: It is designed to build capacity in national pan-African associations; promote engagement; and work on lead development to boost competitiveness.
- IMEX-MPI-MCI Future Leaders Forum Africa: Designed to give young industry professionals an opportunity to benefit and learn from experienced people in the industry.
- Corporate Hosted Buyers Briefing: Buyers will be welcomed and briefed on how to extract maximum benefit from the trade show.
- Gala dinner: A first for Meetings Africa. To be held at the start of the show, all hosted buyers will be in attendance and a prominent guest speaker will deliver the keynote address. It is the ideal opportunity to renew friendships, make new contacts and entertain key clients.
- CNBC-BRICS debate: This event (which takes place at Meetings Africa 2013 just prior to the BRICS summit in Durban) will feature a panel of speakers who will offer informed insights into the exciting potential of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) partnership for the South African and regional business events industry.
- ICCA Africa Chapter Meeting: This meeting is especially significant as it serves South Africa's and the region's growth ambitions and will facilitate continental collaboration to help secure more regional meetings for South Africa. This in turn will elevate South Africa’s ICCA ranking to drive business event arrivals.
For more information, or to register to attend Meetings Africa, visit the Meetings Africa website.