South African Tourism Strategic Research Unit
South African Tourism is mandated to market South Africa internationally as a preferred tourism destination. Part of our business is to monitor and evaluate the performance of the tourism sector. Please use our browsing and searching tools to look through all the research reports currently available.
The Q3 2013 report is part of the new series of Quarterly Reports and is identified by its green tables on the front page. This report provides a summary of the travel patterns of foreign tourists in South Africa for the period July to October 2013.Download
Tourist arrivals October 2013
This report analyses tourist arrivals to South Africa. As part of a national effort to improve the quality of tourism statistics in South Africa, tourist arrivals as opposed to visitor arrivals is now been released.Download
SA Tourism Index Q2 2013
The Q2 2013 report is part of the new series of Quarterly Reports and is identified by its green tables on the front page. This report provides a summary of the travel patterns of foreign tourists in South Africa for the period April to June 2013.Download
Domestic Tourism Snapshot - Q3 2013
This report provides a snapshot of the performance of the domestic tourism. Due to a low travel incidence in this quarter, the results only reflect a fraction of the number of people interviewed . With such a low incidence, this report could not reflect data for all the provinces. Only the provinces and purpose of travel data with a sample (unweighted n) count of above 20 were reflected on the report.Download
Search reportsSearch for the report you need:
Select a report category and report year to find the report you need.
- Analysis of monthly visitor/tourist arrivals to South Africa by source market. This data is sourced from Statistics South Africa.
- Market reports designed to help market South Africa internationally.
- Annual analysis of the performance of the domestic tourism market.
- Quarterly and annual analysis of the performance of the foreign tourism market to South Africa
- Documents outlining strategies for marketing tourism in South Africa.
- Reports based on various studies to understand different aspects of tourism in South Africa.