Did you know?
The ELICC has already been nominated for a major award - a Business Travel Award from Business Destinations - a prestigious international publication.
The East London International Convention Centre (ELICC) offers a great Eastern Cape alternative for the local and international business tourism and events sector.
Positioned on East London’s esplanade, it is just 15 minute drive from East London Airport, the Industrial Development Zone and all major industries,
The ELICC complex is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and can accommodate breakaway sessions, presentations, workshops, exhibitions, concerts, and cocktail and banqueting events.
Conference rooms can accommodate small meetings of 10 delegates, school room-style conferencing for up to 1400 delegates (2 150 cinema-style) and anything in between.There is also a 650-seater auditorium.
Two great hotels are conveniently located adjacent to the ELICC. The 4-star, 275-room Premier Hotel ELICC has a rim-flow swimming pool, upmarket restaurant, business centre, and VIP lounges. All rooms offer Indian Ocean views, free wi-fi Internet connections and 24-hour room service. There is also a luxury spa and gym on the premises.
The three-star, 175-room Premier Hotel Regent offers deluxe corporate accommodation and luxury executive suites, most with sea views. There are two restaurants and a bar on the premises. The hotel also has its own conference facilities, catering for up to 450 delegates in school room-style configuration.
For delegates seeking a game park experience, the Mpongo Private Game Reserve (30 km from the city) offers luxury accommodation in two lodges. Guided game drives and self-drive game-viewing experiences are offered.
The ELICC is managed by Premier Hotels & Resorts and the complex has been designed to cater for physically-challenged individuals.
A detailed overview of the ELICC reveals:
- An auditorium that caters for 650 delegates, cinema-style.
- Three cinema-style conference rooms, one catering for 600 delegates, and two catering for 140 delegates. They can be combined into a single venue for 880 delegates. They can also be combined with the auditorium to cater for 1 480 delegates.
- Three additional conference rooms of different sizes, the largest catering for up to 80 delegates, cinema-style.
- A further 11 conference rooms are available in the ELICC Extension, catering for 30 to 300 delegates and, when combined, for up to 800 delegates.
- The Exhibition Centre, a multi-purpose facility, can accommodate 90 shell scheme 3x3m stands and can cater for 2 150 delegates cinema-style and 1500 for banquets.
- The main complex also features two restaurants, a bar and a coffee bar facility.
- A main kitchen and satellite kitchen
- State-of-the-art audio visual equipment; drop down screens; Creston touch panel interfaces; IT services and digital signage
Travel tips & Planning info
Who to contact
East London International Convention Centre
22 Esplanade, Marine Park Complex, Beachfront, East London
Tel: +27 (0)43 709 5000
How to get here
South African Airways and Airlink all fly into East London Airport.
Best time to visit
East London has good weather year-round with mild winters and warm summers.
Around the area
East London's long white, sandy beaches and warm Indian Ocean makes it a popular spot for swimmers and surfers. Sailing, boating and water-skiing can be done year-round. Fishing in the lagoons and river mouths is another popular option Mpongo Private Game Reserve is just 30 minutes drive away.
Tours to do
Visit the Lion Park where you can see white lion, tigers, cheetah, giraffe and more. Excursions to the Wild Coast from East London are also popular.
Exploring the area around East London is easy by car.