Who we are
The Tourism Growth Strategy
- It aims to make tourism the leading economic sector in South Africa, and so promote sustainable economic and social empowerment of all South Africans. At the same time, South Africa is marketed as an integral part of Africa and particularly the subcontinent of southern Africa.
- To accomplish these goals, South African Tourism commits to meaningfully contribute to the government's objectives of increased GDP growth, sustainable job creation and redistribution and transformation through:
- Increasing tourist volume;
- Increasing the geographic spread, length of stay and tourist spend of all visitors;
- Improving seasonality arrivals patterns; and
- Working to transform the industry so that historically disadvantaged South Africans may benefit from the sector.
- South African Tourism is governed by a Board of 13 members appointed by the Minister of Tourism, Mr Marthinus van Schalkwyk. Mr Jabu Mabuza heads the Board at South African Tourism
- The organisation is headed up by Chief Executive Officer Mr Thulani Nzima and Chief Operating Officer Mr Timothy Scholtz.
- Ms Janine Hutton is Chief Marketing Officer, Mr Johan van der Walt is Chief Financial Officer and Ms Thembi Kunene is the Chief Quality Assurance Officer.
Logo and corporate identity
- South African Tourism's logo and corporate identity were redeveloped in 2009 in collaboration with the International Marketing Council.
- The logo uses the colours of the internationally recognised South African flag to leverage awareness of South African Tourism as the marketer of tourism to South Africa
- The logo is an icon of the pride in South Africa that South African Tourism strives to nurture among all South Africans.