Did you know?
The ICC Durban is annual host of INDABA, one of the largest tourism marketing events on the African calendar.
The International Convention Centre Durban (ICC Durban) in KwaZulu-Natal is one of the most advanced conference facilities in the world and the largest in Africa.
Centrally located, just 35 minutes from King Shaka International Airport, the ICC Durban (eThekwini) is just minutes away from Durban’s luxury hotels and beachfront.
This high-tech convention centre with 32 000m² of space, is flexible, versatile and functional.
It has a raked auditorium that can seat 1 680 conference goers, or it can accommodate 6 000 delegates when chairs are placed flat on the floor.
Its large indoor arena has seating capacity for 6 000 delegates or 9 000 people standing. When combining the convention centre and arena together, 18 000m² of convention space is available that can be subdivided into more than 40 configurations.
For even larger meetings, exhibitions or events the ICC Durban (eThekwini) can be combined with the adjacent 11 436m² ICC Durban Exhibition Centre. This gives event organisers access to 33 000m² of floor space, which can be used for events or exhibitions of all configurations and sizes. The ICC Durban Exhibition Centre has two large halls, breakaway rooms and outdoor areas. As a stand-alone venue it can accommodate 3 000 delegates cinema-style.
The ICC Durban has a charter agreement with some hotels in the area to provide special conference rates and value-added services for association meetings.
The ICC Durban facilities at a glance:
- A raked auditorium that can accommodate 1 800 delegates or be subdivided into two catering for 840 guests each.
- The multi-purpose ICC arena can accommodate between 6 000 and 9 000 guests depending on whether guests are seated or standing. Plenary sessions for up to 3 000 delegates can be held.
- There are 23 meeting rooms ranging from 43m² to 396m² in area.
- It has 7 000m² of column-free floor space.
- It can feed 4 000 banquet guests at a single function.
- There are three outdoor courtyard venues totalling 2 000m² in area.
- There's a central kitchen with 16 satellite kitchens.
- A business complex with banking and foreign exchange facilities.
- Medical services and hospitality suites.
- High-tech audio visual facilities and interpretation facilities.
- Undercover parking for 1 200 cars.