Choose your country and language:
News: Southafrica.net: South African Tourism Board Members appointed
TThe Minister of Tourism, Mr Marthinus van Schalkwyk, recently announced the appointment of the new Board Members of South African Tourism (SAT). The organisation is responsible for marketing South Africa as a travel and tourism destination both locally and internationally.
The following SAT Board members have been appointed for a period of three (3) years, commencing on 1 June 2012:
1. Chairperson - Frank Kilbourn: Deputy Chairperson of the previous SAT board.
2. Deputy Chairperson - Zwelibanzi Mntambo: Previous Chairperson of the REMCO of the SAT board.
3. Ms Siza Mzimela: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of South African Airways.
4. Mr Kananelo Makhetha: Managing Director (MD) of Connex Travel and the former President of the Association of South African Travel Agents (ASATA).
5. Ms Tumi Makgabo: Executive Producer of Tumi & Co, a Broadcast and Media Production Company.
6. Mr Graham Wood: Deputy Chairperson of the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) and Managing Director (MD) of Southern Sun Hotels and Resorts.
7. Dr Ayanda Ntsaluba: Executive Director of Discovery Holdings and former Director-General of DIRCO.
8. Ms Nomaxabis Majokweni: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Business Unity South Africa (BUSA) and former Chief Executive Officer of the Sandton Convention Centre.
9. Mr Alan Moore: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board of Airline Representatives of South Africa (BARSA).
10. Mr Thebe Ikalafeng: Founder of Brand Leadership Group, South Africa.
11. Chairperson of the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (Ex Officio) to be appointed in due course.
Minister van Schalkwyk congratulated the new board members on their well deserved appointment: 'I am very pleased with the candidature of the new board. Their vast experience in the tourism industry, coupled with their strategic leadership and management skills, will serve the industry well. In this volatile economic climate we need a capable and adaptable group of functionaries that will be both innovative and results-driven in both decisions and action.'