Kate’s 10 top things to pack for a South African trip (for overseas visitors)
First of all, pack, then unpack, and then leave out half the stuff you were going to take in the first place.
But my essentials - tried and tested over decades of travelling - are:
- A good pair of binoculars, but make sure they are little and light
- A Swiss army knife (or equivalent) but remember to pack it in your main luggage or it will get confiscated at the airport
- Your camera, extra memory cards and batteries for your camera
- Prescription medications and a copy of the prescription
- A hardback notebook and pen/pencil
- A large garbage bag for dirty laundry
- Your reading glasses/spectacles plus the original prescription
- Laundry soap/suds
- A multi-plug
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY…
An open mind and a sense of humour
Everything else you can buy locally.