Get moving, keep moving
It’s a new year, time to ditch those bad habits and make a concerted effort to improve your health and wellness regime. (Well, that’s what I think at the beginning of every year!)
A friend sent me a cartoon on the 1st of January that said: ‘New Year’s resolutions are just a to-do list for the month of January’. How true. I always start off the year with all the best intentions but by mid-Feb I seem to have run out of steam. I have promised myself that this year it’s going to be different and that to ‘get moving and keep moving’ is going to be my mantra.
For inspiration, I have created a wish list of health and wellness experiences, spa treatments and places I’d love to visit:
- Slackpacking along the gorgeous Wild Coast in the Eastern Cape.
- A Bastien Gonzalez pedicure at the One&Only Spa in Cape Town.
- A big spoil at the Woodlands Wellbeing Spa near the Cradle of Humankind.
- Buying a mountain bike and enjoying various trails on offer including off-road cycles such as Giba Gorge (near Durbs); Groenkloof (Gauteng) and Grootvaderbosch in the Western Cape.
- Walking: there are fantastic trails in South Africa for beginners and the pros whether it’s a trail in Nature’s Valley (Garden Route), traipsing along Oribi Gorge (Southern Drakensberg) or taking on the Contour Path on Table Mountain.
- Beach Yoga - whether it’s on the beaches of Plett, Clifton or Durbs…
- A retreat at the Ixopo Buddhist Retreat Centre in KwaZulu-Natal for some time out when the world gets too noisy.
- Taking part in the Nguni Cattle Round Up on a Nguni Cattle ranch in the Eastern Cape.
- Enjoying a Kaapsehoop Horse Trail in early Spring…
Have a great year.
Category: Arts & Entertainment