10 New Year Resolutions for a visitor to South Africa
If you’re coming to South Africa this new year then choose any or all of the following from my personal list of 11 resolutions. Repeat after me: “I promise myself that I will visit (not in any particular order):
- The Kruger National Park
- One lodge (at least) in Mpumalanga’s Sabi Sand private reserve
- Cape Town (including Table Mountain and Cape Point)
- Maropeng - the Visitor Centre at the Cradle of Humankind outside of Johannesburg
- The Apartheid Museum and Soweto
- The Garden Route
- The Drakensberg Mountains in Kwazulu- Natal
- Sun City
- The Kalahari Desert (Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park) and/or the Karoo
- At least one South African home
- Any one of our glorious, unspoilt beaches
- The Cape Winelands
I could go on and on…but these are a good start.
What would you add or subtract from my list?